Broker Check




Chartered Life Underwriter

A CLU is a professional advisor in all of the areas of business and family financial security that are encompassed by life insurance. To become a CLU, an individual must successfully complete a comprehensive course of study and demonstrate competence by passing a series of eight, college-level examinations in several subject areas including: life insurance, pensions, taxation, finance, economics and business, and estate planning. Rigid ethical and experience requirements also must be met.


Chartered Financial Consultant

The ChFC is a professional in the field of life insurance and financial advising. To receive the designation, an individual must successfully complete a broad program covering several financial services-related subjects. The eight program courses teach planning in the tax, insurance, business, retirement and investment fields. In order to receive the ChFC, individuals must meet specified experience requirements and ethical standards, and agree to comply with The American College Code of Ethics and Procedures.


Chartered Financial Analyst

The CFA charter is a qualification for finance and investment professionals, particularly in the fields of investment management and financial analysis of stocks,bonds and their derivative assets. The program focuses on portfolio management and financial analysis, and provides generalist knowledge of other areas of finance.


Certified Financial Planner

A Certified Financial Planner has completed an approved educational curriculum with five or more exams, passed two additional certifying exams, meets continuing education requirements of 15 hours per year, and is licensed by the CFP Board of Standards. CFP Certified Financial Planner Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc. Licensed and certified after meeting extensive educational requirements. A bachelor's degree, examination and experience requirements must also be met. All graduates must complete CE requirements, complete an ethics update, and pay a license fee to maintain this designation.


Master of Science in Financial Services

This is an educational degree, similar to an MBA, with concentration on personal financial planning, investment and taxation. Over the years, The American College and the College for Financial Planning have joined the institutions that award this postgraduate degree and they focus on financial services.


Life Underwriting Training Council Fellow

The LUTCF curriculum combines product-focused education with hands-on sales training to help newer advisors thrive in a competitive industry. To earn the LUTCF designation, one must successfully complete 300 designation credits (or 5 courses) and one Ethics course - and be a NAIFA member in good standing during conferment year.


Certified Insurance Consultant or Counselor

The CIC Program is for agency and company personnel - owners, producers, agents, account managers, brokers, underwriters, and marketing or claims personnel. Participants must be licensed agents, brokers, adjusters, or solicitors; or have at least two years of full-time experience in the insurance industry or as a risk management professional; or have served for at least two years as a full-time insurance faculty member at an accredited college or university.


Certified Financial Educator

The CFE Certified Financial Educator is a registered designation awarded to individual professional practitioners who have knowledge in the field of financial services and experience in the area of teaching or instructing adult learners (either formally or informally). Program requirements are a minimum of 3 years experience in financial services or related industries, as well as experience in teaching or training of adult learners and successfully completing the CFEd curriculum and passing certification exam.


Registered Investment Advisor

No examination or continuing education is required for a business to file for the RIA with the SEC, but an individual with a broker-dealer must take the RIA exam. A Registered Investment Advisor (sic) is a person or firm that has filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission and adheres to certain disclosure requirements. This qualification is necessary for the rendering of investment advice. 


Accredited Asset Management Specialist

Individuals who hold the AAMS® designation have completed a course of study encompassing investments, insurance, tax, retirement, and estate planning issues. Additionally, individuals must pass an end-of-course examination that tests their ability to synthesize complex concepts and apply theoretical concepts to real-life situations.


Retirement Income Certified Professional

An RICP® designee is trained to understand how to structure effective retirement income plans, how to mitigate risks to the plan, and how to create a sustainable stream of income to last throughout a client's retirement years.



State of Connecticut

Social Security Administration - Click here for instructions

BBB - Better Business Bureau



Get your Federal Tax Refund Status

CT Taxes

State of Connecticut Tax information - Register, File, Check Refund Status